From Dreamwidth Notes
- You need [Dev Tools] repo
- Stop memcached before running
- Stop your apache
- BACKUPS! BACKUPS! BACKUPS!
- Run the tool, do not interrupt the tool
- Once it's done restart mysql BEFORE starting memcached/apache
- You don't need to do this unless http://bugs.dwscoalition.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3089 has bitten you
- Hack box should be fine
- Don't use in a production environment unless you have backups and know what you are doing!
- You must have backups!
- Not a fixfor the bug, just a cleanup.
Just run $LJHOME/bin/cleanup/compact-propids