101 Ways to Help Dreamwidth Grow
From Dreamwidth Notes
Revision as of 23:05, 13 August 2009 by Foxfirefey
This page is about how to help Dreamwidth grow and thrive, without volunteering.
- Customize your journal's style, even if it's nothing more than customizing your colors. Look at a place like ColourLovers for inspiration if needed. You can also find something you like in dreamwidthlayouts or mintyapple.
- Fill out your profile's bio.
- Fill out your profile's interests.
- Make a post to your journal.
- Respond to a comment made in your journal.
- Know your journal's capabilities! Read the FAQs.
- Read your reading page.
- Comment on a post on your reading page.
- Respond to someone's comment on a post on your reading page.
- Find someone interesting and subscribe to them.
- Answer someone's technical question if you know the answer, or direct them to Support if you don't.
- Give out an invite to someone who asks.
- Offer an invite to a friend.
- Give out an invite on dw_codesharing.
- Give out an invite on Twitter.
- Find a community around a topic of your interest, and join it and subscribe to it.
- Make a post to a community you are a member of.
- Comment on a post made to a community you are a member of.
- Watch dw_community_promo for new communities you might like.
- Create a community that you think fills a need or interest.
- Make an appropriate icon for your community.
- Customize your community's style. You can just fiddle with the colors or find something you like in dreamwidthlayouts or mintyapple.
- Fill out your community's bio.
- Fill out your community's interests.
- Post about your community on dw_community_promo.
- Vote on suggestions in dw_suggestions.
- Make a suggestion to dw_suggestions.
- Send a cool report to dw_coolhunters.
- Buy a paid account for yourself.
- Buy a paid account for someone in your circle.
- Sponsor a random user.
- Post a poll.
- Read your network page.
- Make a comment to a post on your network page. (Might want to say where you came from!)
- Make a custom mood theme for your journal.