Dev Wanted How-To
From Dreamwidth Notes
Revision as of 06:18, 4 August 2009 by Rahaeli
Companion to Installation Wanted How-To.
- Applying a patch
- Keep on adding to Dev Troubleshooting.
- Coding site schemes
- Dev Version Control
- How to add things to the database
- How to get information from the database
- How to make a hook
- How to make a worker
- Where does the code for certain things reside?
- The basics of working with BML pages
- S2 Best Practices
- When developing features, what should a developer consider in their design to make things NOT expensive, reduce database load, etc.
- Best practices for user interface design
- Things you should NEVER hardcode
- How to localize a page
- Variables you should know about
- How to hook into the ESN (Event Subscription Notification) system
- How do you update the database's schema?
- What is the database's schema?