From LJ Suggestions
Everything from suggestions that doesn't totally suck. (IE: anything non-obsolete, non-reactionary, and not related to details of LiveJournal.com's business plan and not LiveJournal-the-service).
(Built over time, la la la, categorize however y'all find appropriate...)
Months from suggestions that have already been mined for useful suggestions:
- Community Wishlist
- Syndication Wishlist
- Watching Wishlist
- Trusting Wishlist
- OpenID Wishlist
- Intersite Wishlist
- Interface Wishlist
- Multimedia Wishlist
- Posting Wishlist
- Commenting Wishlist
- Data Management Wishlist
- Themes Wishlist
- Support Wishlist
- Installation Wishlist
- Client Wishlist
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/348380.html -- Option at time of entry creation to instantly make entry a memory.
This would be fairly easy to implement if actually wanted.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/349056.html -- Export memories by category (needs work to avoid huge hit).
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/380025.html -- Indicate in archive view (or other places too?) if entry has been added as a memory (by me) (maybe public memory by others too).
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/350836.html -- List of pre-defined people and/or entities that could be linked to in a way similar to another local-service user, except this would be defined per-journal by the user, for example, <lj cast="mymom">. Link would go to sub-page belonging to user, the space defined for "mymom", where the user could provide all the relevant explanation of the person and/or entity "mymom".
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/356270.html -- Error pages (bad dates, etc) for journals are served in the journal style, not site scheme.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/356886.html -- Show stats on userpics use (most frequently used) (shinier would be most frequently used over time).
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/373322.html -- multiple login manager tool, DW-side.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/362229.html -- Confirm username before creating account (I might implement by displaying the username and email address before creating rather than asking for confirmation of account name).
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/365315.html -- Optional message from deleting user to display on deleted journal (until purged).
Communities: Community Maintenance/Moderation
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/376934.html -- Screen entry until fixed by original poster.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/380573.html -- Moods can show intensity via color modification (probably not suitable for all mood themes)
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/384894.html -- paid mood themes
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/864581.html -- add "find:" search to Lynx, omg why was this not done back in 2003?
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/362810.html -- link to FAQs about certain error messages with those error messages
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/377309.html -- Extended site statistics.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/419057.html -- Search for users with PGP keys
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/386309.html -- redirect www.usersub.example.com to usersub.example.com so fewer people need to be fish-slapped.