SSH Client: PuTTY
From Dreamwidth Notes
(Redirected from PuTTY)
PuTTY is a free Telnet and SSH ("Secure Shell") client for Windows and Linux. While Mac and Linux users have an integrated SSH program, Windows users don't and can use PuTTY to access and manage their Dreamhacks.
- Host name is "ssh-hack.dreamwidth.net" and goes into Session.
- SSH username is the dh-username given to you in your welcome email and goes into Connection/Data.
- To change the size of the window, go to Window.
- To change the size of the text go to Window/Appearance.
- To change the foreground and background colors go to Window/Colors.
- To restore Windows's usual right-click function, go to Window/Selection/Control use of the mouse.
- Go to Session, select Default Settings and click on Save once you've changed any desired setting. Don't forget to do this every time you change anything.