- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/882451.html -- add Twitter profile to profile page. Counter-suggestion to just make free-form fields for entering that sort of info available. (We actually want to revise that entirely, to an extent -- see zilla 23.)
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/373322.html -- multiple login manager tool, DW-side. Zilla 76
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/826254.html -- provide a page that allows people to check the status of a particular username, and (if appropriate) provide a link to sign up for notification of availability. In DW Suggestions
See also: Numbered accounts (Added 01/27)
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/362229.html -- Confirm username before creating account (I might implement by displaying the username and email address before creating rather than asking for confirmation of account name). In DW Suggestions
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/837133.html -- Create page: link to create a community (used to be available, but is currently missing from the LJ Create page) - Done already
- A proposed measure to free up more usernames by purging a greater number of inactive accounts, as the ratio of inactive accounts to active accounts is nearly 15:1.
- The link is to a useful refinement in the comments, which would issue a policy change announcement and create a fairly automated system for the deletion and purging of inactive accounts.
- Another suggestion (full disclosure: mine) was to implement a renaming system like that which is used in MMORPGs for names which are offensive, violate trademarks, or are otherwise impermissible under that game’s rules. Rather than completely eliminate someone’s (admittedly inactive) journal, rename the journal to a default name and put a note on the profile page stating the date on which the name was changed and what the old name was.
- Sent to DW Suggestions. Rejected by owners - Once someone picks a username and opens an account, it's theirs -- we won't ever take it away from them.
- http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/365315.html -- Optional message from deleting user to display on deleted journal (until purged). Zilla 480
- Make purged usernames available for new accounts. [In DW Suggestions]
- Account deletion should apply to all content posted under that username, including community entries and outside-of-journal comments. (http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/737448.html) [In DW Suggestions]
http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/870673.html - ability to convert a journal to a community, but have posts made in that journal not deleted. Possibly attribute those posts to the first maintainer of the community? In DW Suggestions
http://community.livejournal.com/suggestions/812056.html - related suggestion, ability to convert a closed community that has only ever had one member with posting access to a personal journal [In DW Suggestions]