Hello! This is a wiki for keeping notes on Dreamwidth's continuing evolution.
Some parts of the wiki might be out-of-date with current policies and practices. If you need official confirmation of anything here, ask in the Dreamwidth Discord or contact the appropriate project leader. When in doubt, information on official Dreamwidth Communities trumps any information here.
If you have any questions or problems with the wiki, visit the official community dw_wiki.
If you're looking for something specific in the wiki, check out the Index.
For Dreamwidth Users
New around here?
- Visit Dreamwidth.org. That's us!
- Read our Dreamwidth.org: FAQ
- Learn about Finding Content On Dreamwidth. You can also read our Advocacy page to learn more about Dreamwidth.
- Check out other Notable Dreamwidth Reading.
If you use a blogging client, visit Compatible clients for a list of clients compatible with Dreamwidth.
For Dreamwidth Volunteers
Dreamwidth relies on our volunteers to help make the site better for everyone. Interested in helping out? We'd love to have you. No coding experience is required!
- Join the Dreamwidth Discord to connect with other volunteers, developers, and staff.
- Check out our Volunteering Communities on Dreamwidth to see if anything sparks your interest.
- Read our getting started articles and our guide to happy and effective volunteering. (These are currently being reworked by volunteers to bring them up to date!)
- Learn how to write great documentation for users.
- Read our documentation on Journal Styles
Even if you're unable to volunteer, you can still help. Here's 101 Ways to Help Dreamwidth Grow.
For Dreamwidth Developers
Are you a developer and want to help improve Dreamwidth's code?
- Visit the dw_dev community to connect with other developers. We also have an official Discord that connects all staff and volunteers. If you need help or have any questions, reach out through these channels.
- Read our Dev Getting Started guide.
- Head over to Development for more how-to guides.
- Learn how to install Dreamwidth or apply for a hosted development sandbox: Dreamhack.