Customization draft FAQs
From Dreamwidth Notes
NB these are drafts in progress for the eventual Customize documentation that will go on the main site.
- How do I choose a style for my journal?
- What public journal styles are available on Dreamwidth?
- How do I select a certain journal style from the customization page?
- How do I make simple changes to my journal appearance?
- How do I change my journal's colors?
- How do I change the wording of links in my journal?
- How do I add a header or background image to my journal?
- How do I change the font in my journal?
- How do modules and sidebars work?
- What is a link list?
- How do I change the display of tags?
- How do I set comments to the default site style, or matching my journal?
- How do I turn on or off custom colors for different journals on my reading page?
- How do I use CSS to change details or redesign my journal appearance?
- How do I modify a particular part of my journal style?
- How do I change the size and position of entries in my journal?
- Where can I learn more about CSS effects?
- What CSS classes are available in public journal styles?
- What is the advanced customization section?
- How do I make changes to the HTML of a journal style?
- How do I create a custom journal style?
- What are the S2 layers?
- How do I create a theme layer for a journal style?
- What is a language layer? How do I change my journal's language?
- What are the default S2 properties?
- Which S2 functions should I override in my custom layout?
- Why is there no S1 style system on Dreamwidth?
- How do I use a journal style from another site on Dreamwidth?